Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Smoke and Mirrors

Twenty nine days. A small wrinkle in time before my prayerful passion manifests itself in relentless action. Soon I will be flying to Seattle, Washington to begin a trek bearing witness to the dignity and sanctity of every human life. I will be traveling with a group of missionaries through an organization called Crossroads (crossroadswalk.org). The plan is to peacefully and personally educate our brothers and sisters in Christ on the Culture of Life, as well as appealing to the masses through radio, television, and newsprint interviews. 

I often hear the pro-choice movement laughingly state that the Catholic Church only cares about you as long as you are developing in the womb. What a sad twist Satan has used to harden their hearts. It's no secret that the Declaration of Independence proudly proclaims the rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. From the very beginning, our nation claimed to hold these truths self-evident. Do abortion activists realize that before any other right can be obtained, the Right to Life must come first? I dare not insult their knowledge of history, so I will assume that it is a wretched misconception of what Life is

Life. It sounds so general. People like to say (as if it were obvious) that of course we all know what is meant by the word "life"... but how would you define it? I suppose there are as many meanings as there are people living. Oh, Meaning. I know one one day that I will die. There is no doubt, there is no hope to escape it. So I live with this truth, bumbling on in my own little bubble of a world. But to leave a doctor's office after hearing that I have only three weeks to live.. Well, I gain an entirely new meaning of what it is to be alive. You see, there is a difference between factual and relational knowledge. And it is the same for children in the womb. What if I told you that right now, someone is about to choose whether you are going to live or die. What if I told you that this choice wasn't based on what you could or couldn't do. It wasn't based on what you had done in the past, or what you would do in the future. And what if I told you that you could do nothing about it? Thousands of children are in that very situation right now. Someone is choosing, without even knowing them, whether they are going to live or die. Every day 115,000 children are lost to the world because of abortion. All that potential, all that hope in the future.. gone. Some argue that it's not really killing. After all, those growths aren't really human, right? To those lost souls, I would ask... are you only human if you are wanted?

No comments:

Post a Comment